FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ECBM Insurance Brokers & Consultants Sponsors Chestnut Hill College's Tenth Annual Scholarship Gala
The event will be on May 4th.
Media, PA, April 9, 2019 – ECBM Insurance Brokers & Consultants (www.ecbm.com) will be a supporter for the event to support Chestnut Hill College's commitment to providing access to this values-based education regardless of a student's financial means.
ECBM Insurance Brokers & Consultants has provided commercial insurance brokerage and consulting services to the Mid-Atlantic region since 1970. Charlie Bernier, along with Gloria Forbes and Rick Eckert, assumed ownership of this independent firm in January, 2001. Their combined vision was to bring national account services to all of their clients cost-efficiently, and they have been doing so ever since. ECBM participates in many different community service and charity events that touch the lives of our employees and serve our community including St. Baldrick's Foundation, Cradles To Crayons, Operation First Response, The Breathing Room Foundation, The Wissahickon Valley Watershed Association, local food bank charities, The Arc of Hundterdon County, MuckFest MS for The National MS Society, The Chubb Charity Challenge, The National Kidney Foundation's Kidney Walk, and Zurich's Saint Jude Fairways for Hope.
SCHOLARSHIP GALA HONOREES
Steadfast supporters of Chestnut Hill College for nearly 30 years, Bob and Carol exemplify the Sisters of St Joseph’s Maxim 4: “Let your life be a continuous act of love.” In recognition of their dedication to education, children in need and Veterans, we are proud to honor the Lockyers. A special scholarship fund established with a generous gift from the Lockyers will benefit future students for generations to come.
About Chestnut Hill College
The mission of Chestnut Hill College is to provide students with holistic education in an inclusive Catholic community marked by academic excellence, shared responsibility, personal and professional growth, service to one another and to the global community, and concern for the Earth.
- to provide avenues for students to achieve academic excellence and to pursue research in their major field or in interdisciplinary studies. The College encourages students to explore and experience diverse curricula and to participate in exchange programs with other institutions of higher education.
- to initiate links between the world of learning and the world of work through curricular planning, technological opportunities, and career preparation. The College guides students in applying theoretical learning through experiential education designed collaboratively by faculty and students.
- to uphold an atmosphere of communal respect in which all may clarify and articulate personal values and beliefs while exploring the ethical and moral dimensions underlying all relationships. The College encourages inter-faith opportunities by acquainting all students with Catholicism, its theology and its Judeo-Christian roots, and by engaging in dialogue with women and men of other beliefs.
- to create local and global connections that enable students to respond to the needs of others through service-oriented enterprises. The College educates students to identify and to address issues of social justice and to work toward systemic change.
More About ECBM
Our Core Values
- Empathy and Caring... for our clients and for one another
- Tenacious problem solving, while being results focused
- Maintaining accountability... and owning it!
- Exhibiting positive "can do" energy, while questioning the standard... keep asking questions
- Showing dedicated loyalty in the service of the greater good
At ECBM, we understand that insurance programs are more than an end; they are a means to meet business and financial objectives that change over time. ECBM works with our clients to design and maintain a risk management approach which is built on a solid foundation and knowledge of their business goals and corporate climates. Uninsured losses are expensive as are improperly handled claims. At ECBM, our focus is providing the lowest net cost to our clients at all times.
ECBM builds long-term relationships with all the clients we work with. It frees us from the burden of over-consulting. We give solid, appropriate advice each time we meet, even if that means making a suggestion that will earn us less money. Earning our clients' trust and retaining their business is the key to everyone's success. Maintaining strong client relationships requires superior service. ECBM strives to provide that service by knowing our clients, their business needs and providing quality insurance and risk management services to meet those needs.
When clients choose an insurance broker, they should not only get expert advice, but an attitude, a culture, and a way of doing business. At ECBM we offer all of these things. ECBM not only does good work for our clients but work that is more on target, more meaningful and more valuable to their businesses. ECBM has provided commercial insurance brokerage and consulting services to the Mid-Atlantic region since 1970. Charlie Bernier, along with Gloria Forbes and Rick Eckert, assumed ownership of this independent firm in January 2001. Their combined vision was to bring national account services to all of their clients cost-efficiently, and they have been doing so ever since.
Under the present leadership, ECBM’s client-focused approach has allowed the firm to grow significantly. ECBM knows it is important not only to develop service capabilities but to create standards and methods for monitoring consistent delivery of the services it promises to its clients. By creating and managing this process, the company has been able to consistently exceed client expectations.